I received a Red Copper 5 Minute Chef for Christmas. This morning I attempted to make an omelet.

The appliance exploded and threw hot omelet all over my arm. Most of the omelet was propelled across the counter. I had followed the instructions that came with the 5 Minute Chef. I believe that the problem is that it doesn't have a vent to release the pressure.

As the omelet cooked, pressure built up until it exploded. If anyone has this item, do not latch the lid. The latch will not withstand the pressure and it will blow apart.

This appliance is dangerous. BEWARE!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: As Seen On Tv Red Copper 5 Minute Chef Omelette Maker.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

The cookbook that I got with it says not to latch the lid. It says to be careful to not latch the lid on every recipe. Has it been rewritten because of the explosions or has it always said not to lock the lid and let it get pressurized in there

to Brenda #1571300

The booklet that came with mine does not caution the user to not lock the lid. After mine exploded, I wrote to the company and urged them to add the caution to the instructions.

I am happy to hear that they have done that. Thank you for letting us know.

Yep same thing just happened to me.. also the red outer casing at the bottom has melted and there is now a ‘bubble’ on it .. i think this is dangerous too