Irvine, California

First time I used the Bavarian Edge Knife Sharpener, sold by Bulbhead, the knife sharpening piece of metal on the right-hand side of the sharpener came off. The product was given to me as a gift; and since I didn't use it until AFTER the 30-day warranty had expired, I was not eligible for a free one. Instead, I had to do the following:

1. Find a box for the item in order to ship it back.

2. Include a check for $5.99 as a processing fee for BulbHead.

3. Go to the post office.

In light of the fact the item is shown to have sold for approximately $16.99, and I was almost going to have to pay that much for postage AND processing, in addition to the time involved in returning it, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I called what ended up being the fulfillment center in Van Nuys, CA, and Martha put me on hold for 20 minutes, then all of a sudden disconnected me with those familiar words..."if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again." I called back and spoke to Clara; told her my experience. She pointed me to Customer Service in Southeast Asia. So back to square one. The Point is Bavarian Edge Knife Sharpener is an extremely cheaply made product, and BulbHead, the seller, doesn't stand behind their products.

Product or Service Mentioned: As Seen On Tv Bavarian Edge Knife Sharpener.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments